CDC Symptom Diary Card

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Thanks Mom

My beautiful mother is taking a cat nap, here on the couch.  A perfect time for me to give thanks for being blessed with having this intelligent, thoughtful, beautiful and caring individual as my mom.

We had a great weekend.  My sister, her husband and girls came over to the house.  We played games and watched the Kentucky Derby.  Mom got a new grab bar for the shower, thanks to my brother-in-law.  Re-learned how to play "Clue" with my nieces.  Got to spend real quality time with the family, visit with sis and just relish the joy that mom is here.  My sister is a great mom!  I really admire her.

My brother called this morning to tell mom Happy Mother's Day, that was great.

So many OVCA sisters have passed this year, leaving behind, husbands, children, siblings, parents, etc.  It's a bittersweet time to celebrate any holiday now.  It's heavy.  Even though I know they are in heaven, and that they are now at full peace, it's sad.  I'm very lucky, very blessed, and hopeful.

I spent some time with "J" on Thursday. We had a light dinner, toodled around Seattle, went to a park for the perfect view, and then had a cupcake.  It was relaxed and fun.  Easy breezy, just the thing I needed.

As my mom relaxes here in dreamland, my most pressing thoughts and prayers are that she is happy.  She is travelling a tough road, finishing up surgeries for dialysis and taking all kinds of tests to determine her eligibility for a kidney transplant.

It's a tough time.  Please pray for her.  She is a rock.  She gets pummeled every day with challenges from her diabetes.  She is so tired.  I love her to death.  

So today I just wanted to tell God thanks, thanks for sending me my mom, and thanks for giving me my family. 

I hope all had a peaceful Mother's Day.  To those who have lost their dear mom's, I am certain that she is up in heaven smiling for she still feels your deep love.

To my Mom, I love you so much. Thank you for taking me in and being my angel.

Peace and Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.