CDC Symptom Diary Card

Sunday, May 02, 2010

mother nature

The other day I was blessed with the ability to pull weeds.  Now, that may not sound like a lot of fun, but I was truly in a state of total calm.  The soil dark and rich with nitrates reveals the essence of life.  It had just rained and the soil was soft on my hands, easy on my joints, sweet on my senses.

It reminded me that as our bodies return to the soil, mother earth, our spirit goes with God to be in eternal serenity. (At least that is my belief). 

Touching each grain of richness, saying hello to a few earthworms, and enjoying the fragrance of the dirt and grass caused me to breathe deep and smile.  In the background I could hear the birds singing their stories for all to hear.

For that moment was a beautiful moment.  And for each moment, is a beautiful moment, if only we can create it to be so.

And then I was blessed again on Saturday with a visit from Mandy and her children.  We played, laughed, watched the Kentucky Derby and talked.  Mom was thrilled. It was so wonderful to just take a moment to forget about problems and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.