CDC Symptom Diary Card

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The value of our health

Today I'm starting high doses of prednisone to thwart a severe arthritic flare. 30mg per day for a week, then go down from there.  I guess I can't worry about side effects, I'm here on earth, and that's enough for now.

I have been in so much pain, and I wonder how it is that I fight off cancer and now have to deal with more arthritis.  A part of me was hoping my RA would magically disappear when I was receiving chemo.  No such luck.

It is just so amazing to me that those of us with health struggles get through our days.  What gives us the strength to continue?  All I want for my mom with diabetes is for her to be able to run in the sun, play on the beach, laugh, and enjoy a wonderful meal.  My sister has food allergies, so every meal is met with careful planning, why?  Why is my aunt burdened with RA?  Why my uncle with diabetes?  Why another uncle with cancer? 

I believe it is not for us to ask "why" as God has a plan.  Yesterday as I was coming back from the cancer center with my mega prescription of prednisone, I was finding I needed again to look for the lining, that golden beam of light that assures me that no matter what we are given, we will prevail in the end.  All we need to do is have faith.

So that's what I do, I pray.  I have faith that God places all of us together in a certain way to support each other, to inspire each other, to carry each other, to love one another.

So all I can do is give my love when I am in pain.  I give my prayers, as prayers do not require my hands, but instead my heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.