CDC Symptom Diary Card

Thursday, February 28, 2013

MUGA scan tomorrow


I remember we'll the days of my young adulthood when the only reason I didn't travel or do more was because I didn't want to use up all my vacation.  Being naive I thought those kinds of sacrifices would protect me somehow from injustices in the world of work.    Hence, no trip to Hawaii, no cruise, no east coast bed and breakfast tour in the fall.  

I also recall wondering if I had made the incorrect degree choice for college.  I wanted to help people, but not break my back doing it.

How could both of these problems be avoided for other young people?

Encourage them to volunteer doing something related in the same or similar industry, before college. Help them land an unpaid internship the summer of their freshman year in high school.  

Really risk it and see if they can wait one year after graduation to either do an internship or travel and work in a job similar to the career they are saying they want to do.

If we wait to do our heavy and important life building travel until we are older, our bodies may not be up to the task.   I'm just saying.....

I have a MUGA scan tomorrow at SCCA.      http://www.cancer.net/all-about-cancer/cancernet-feature-articles/-tests-and-procedures/muga-scan-what-expect

I have been on Chemo for a year.  

I am so tired.    I need 12 to 14 hours of sleep per day.  I start to feel a tired again after being up for about 8 hours.  My body broke out in the last few weeks with all kinds of blisters, yuck.    That is also from the chemo.   Oh happy day.

Will post again in a few days.    Next chemo is March 4th.

Had the best time with mom over weekend watching Flight and Beasts of the Southern Wild.  Next is Argo.


love you all lots and thanks for checking in

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.