CDC Symptom Diary Card

Saturday, March 09, 2013

They Just Disappeared

I am almost 50 years old, well in a year and half I'll be 50.  Thinking now about all the people I can remember who I know or knew.  Wow, it is truly fascinating to think of what now lies beyond the magnitude of our reach.  Each soul on earth is valuable beyond measure.

I had a weird scare this past week and thought there was something else wrong with me.   No details needed, just suffice to say that I was freaked.  I was not hallucinating or imagining these spots that I saw.   I was worried it was a new cancer, along with another unpleasant issue.

I prayed and prayed.  I wrote to my faithful ovarian sisters about the distress.  I asked my mom and sister for support.  It was so reassuring to ask other people and be calmed by their perspective.  Many said not to worry, it is probably something simple.    Probably not more cancer or new cancer.

I remind you that it was not an illusion the spots I saw.    There were three.   I was certain that it could be a melanoma.  They could not be washed away.  They were there.

Most of my life I have felt fairly undeserving of goodness.  Each new day that arrives brings to me another opportunity to love God more and more.  With each new realization of His grace I recognize how much more I can do.  I love God so much.  I get so surprised when my prayers are answered, not because I lack faith in Him, but because I just don't feel like I deserve it.

Within 2 days I was seen for an examination.  I was very nervous.  After a thorough examination I was told that there is nothing new and there are no spots anywhere.  I didn't believe her.  I looked and looked for myself and found nothing.  Nothing.  The spots were gone. I was so shocked and relieved and thankful.

The only thing that can be said is that the people I love were sending prayers and well wishes to God.  Even if it was not a conscious prayer, it was heard.  There is no other explanation for the spots to have disappeared.  I am so grateful for the prayers and of course to God.

Even if you are not sure of God, ask for His help.

I am excited that I could be here for my 50th birthday and look forward to being of value to my family and friends, my neighbors and community.

Thank you for being there.

Love,
Denise






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.