CDC Symptom Diary Card

Sunday, July 31, 2011

training day gone bad



I am finally able to take a few minutes to say hello to everyone and provide an update on venturing back into the work world.  I'm exhausted and feeling pressure from everywhere.  I had no idea that working with my new employer would be so hard.  I applied for a work from home customer service job.

Imagine standing in a swamp and just off into the distance is a heavenly garden, with little bunnies and deer, puppies, kitties and children laughing and playing.  Everyone and all things are beautiful and peaceful, happy.  But  you are standing in a swampland and the only way to get there is venture through the gators and cling to vines.

If I am able to survive training and keep this job with all it's restrictions, I will have a golden job.  My actual job is only part time, but the training has been full time and it's been very intense.

I woke up on Saturday morning and my knuckles on my right hand were all swollen from all the typing, which  I hope will  NOT be the case if I get a modified keyboard, and will be on part time hours.

I can't remember all the stuff I need to for training and need more time.  I may have a hard time keeping up with their attendance requirements because of my disability.  It's so so so strict, and for them, there is a good reason, it just sucks for me.  All I can do is ask for accommodations and hope they accept.

My gut says this company loves it's employees.  I just have to keep the faith that I am here for a reason and that whatever happens is intended to happen, even if the result is job loss and looking for new work.

I just had no idea what I was walking in to.  I thought it was going to be easy going.  Boy was I wrong.  I just wish I'd have know about all these restrictions before I applied, I would have probably never applied.

So I am going to continue to give it all I can.  I remember when I was in college and I was learning neuro-anatomy, that was easier than this new learning.  I have never worked for a company that did not provide written training, ever in my life.  I hope I make it and I don't drown.

On another note, my mom has started hemo-dialysis.  Her life is upside down and she needs prayers.  Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers for her.  I love her so much!

Peace,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.