CDC Symptom Diary Card

Friday, November 12, 2010

Holiday ornaments bring warmth to your heart

Weatherd Silo was created by my beautiful sister Mandy Behrens to bring back the "old ways' of living to our current times.  She is a gifted artist, dedicated to eco-friendly products that are beautiful and inspiring.

Here is a link to her etsy shop. Her handcrafted ornaments are unlike any others.  They make wonderful gifts for this holiday season.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/weatheredsilo

Normally I don't promote businesses on my site, but these are georgous.  More importantly, made by my sister.  My sister is a rock for me.  She is truly a beautiful person, inside and out. 

Yesterday I was graced with the opportunity to see my niece perform in a school assembly honoring our Veterans.  My niece sang like a lark, and it was just so fun to see all the lovely children singing and laughing.
My sister seemed so happy.

It made me wonder how my life would have been different if I could/would have had children.  I think I would have been a loving patient mom, but also nervous as heck.  I would probably be the true helicopter mom, never knowing when to let things be and run their course.

If some guy ever finds me attractive, compatable and interesting, maybe I'll get married.  I would love to marry someone who already had small children.  In case you hadn't read my whole story, I was told not to have children when I was 17 or 18.

My juvenile rheumatoid arthritis was so bad back then I couldn't even write, let alone carry a baby or raise a child.  So I never planned on a family.  That was a very depressing area of my life.

But now I can relish in the joy of my nieces and nephew for as long as God allows me to live.

I hope to send a post tomorrow about my visit with the Lance Armstrong survivor program today.  I am a little overwhelmed because I'm stuck, don't know how to envision my life.  When you don't know how long you have to live, your priorities line up well, but your resources may not.

So after probably confusing you, at the end of the day it was a great visit.  We do have a plan of action and I think I can manage it.  I'll fill you in on the next post.

God Bless and
Be Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.