CDC Symptom Diary Card

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

#2 blade please, look ma no hair

Well, my hair is finally coming out. I had gone to Supercuts last week to get a real short pixie cut and went back again today to finish the "do". It feels strange to have a head of blonde fuzz, sort of Annie Lennox revisited here, only not orange. The only thing was the other patrons were all men and seemed a little disgusted with my "look". Well, sorry.

I feel OK though, because it's falling out and becoming annoying to manage. I was so fortunate that on this past Monday, I was able to receive two free wigs from the SCCA. I now have a very cute auburn bob cut and a conservative pixie blonde wig. I was going to get a longer blonde or red wig, but to be honest, I don't want to hassle with the possibility of the wig being crooked or out of place. Short styles will be easier to manage.

I also have a few beautiful scarves and hats, some compliments of Tammy Krikorian Gabel, thanks again. I feel like this transition to the "fuzzy look" is important. Sort of a rite of passage. Now people will know I have cancer and I don't have to explain myself all the time.

I am trying to walk a little more each day, but that is slow. Thank goodness mom has a treadmill. Not sure if I will walk today as the hair ordeal and walking from the parking space to the shop entrance seems like enough for today.

Tomorrow I meet a new primary doctor for the first time. I hope that visit goes well.

So today I am grateful for the compassion of a very nice stylist and thank God for all that He gives me. My hair will grow back again someday. The most important thing is being here on this earth, to appreciate my family and friends, and the beauty all around.

Love,
Denise

1 comment:

  1. The time that I cut Barbara's hair is very important to me. We decided that I would cut her hair before she lost it during chemo. One thing I am thankful for is the small part I kept so she could use it to compare with as she shopped for wigs. It came in handy for that as she was a beautiful platinum blonde. I now have it as a remberance of her. I keep it in a frame. I do hope that you are much more fortunate than was she.

    Good Luck,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.