CDC Symptom Diary Card

Friday, September 20, 2013

The Wheel Turns Teal To Heal In Seattle September 18, 2013



My day with my sweet sister Mandy was incredible.  We rode the Seattle Great Wheel together.  We giggled and talked, we just had fun.  It was one of the best days ever.

On September 18, 2013 The Seattle Great Wheel lit the lights of this giant Ferris wheel TEAL, to honor those who are in support of raising awareness for ovarian cancer.

It was a time for all of us to reflect on our health and our loved ones.  It was a time for advocates to share and educate.  It was a time for doctors to reflect.

Mostly it was a time to join together for a moment, and remember those whom we have lost. It was a special moment for those who remain, to be grateful.

I am pretty tired, but it was worth every second.

Thank you Seattle Great Wheel, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (my second home) and KOMO 4 news for actively helping me share this symbol of hope.  
Thank you Mandy!
Thank you Barb!
Thank you Annie Abbott!

I did not do this alone.

When I asked about this and got a resounding "yes" I was not aware that other people were working on the same thing.  It is easy to see why this great Ferris Wheel is so special, look what it can do.

Some women went to Pier 57 in TEAL with their families and wrote that they had a wonderful time, They said that it was brilliantly lit.  Many others wanted to be here to see this in person.  I hope this little video joins us all together.

This belongs to all of us.  This is for you.



Peace, Love and Blessings
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.