CDC Symptom Diary Card

Friday, January 14, 2011

Cancer lifeline

Today I was blessed with the opportunity to see the dentist through the Cancer Lifeline in Seattle.  The program offers low cost or free dental care to cancer patients, who would otherwise not be able to receive dental care.  I found out about the program through Survivor program with Lance Armstrong Foundation.  I was so lucky.  I had a cleaning, tooth fixed, simple x-rays and was treated with so much compassion.  It was truly amazing.

I have only 4 cavities that need filled (one bad) and get to go back in March.  I truly was expecting more cavities because it has been so long since I've been to the dentist.

Lot's of newer research can show correlation between dental health and overall health.  Now that I'm NED, I need to do everything I can to treat my body well, and be "healthy".  I never know what my life will really be.

Two of my OCA sisters are really struggling.  Shopping Karma and Shades of Blue, please pray for them.  Their painful struggle with cancer recurrence always gives me pause.  Daria from Living with Cancer is also going through it and could use our prayerful thoughts.

Today I pause to remember my blessings.

I'm fielding prayers for mom.  She will be starting dialysis sometime soon, and she is still absorbing it all.  I will be here to do whatever it takes to make her happy.  I have such a loving and caring family, and I know it'll all be OK.....it has to be.

Love.
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.