CDC Symptom Diary Card

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A view worth living for

Mom's view from the hospital room.  Pretty nice huh




I apologize for not posting on any medium for over a week, it's been very hectic at home.  My dear mom had a mild heart attack and serious complications from keto-acidosis.  She has gone from ICU to a regular room and is about to be transferred to a step down rehab center located within a nursing facility.  Wow.

We almost lost mom........it was so scary.

It is a miracle that she has survived.  She had been extremely ill and had not called anyone because she hates to be a bother.  I called her after my PET scan last week and went over right away.  My sister was also calling her at the same time, so we were all in tune with each other.  By the next day she had a stent in her heart and did not get out of ICU for several days.

She is getting back to her old self and miraculously regained her cognitive and physical health.  She was so confused from the acidosis, she didn't know anything about who or where she was.  It was heartbreaking.  Her initial pain from other infections was crazy bad, and thank God she doesn't remember any of THAT.

I have been praying like crazy, and thank God that she has improved.  My sister and I have been keeping vigil, so to speak.  Rotating shifts, communicating needs with doctors and nurses.  My brother came out from Colorado too, which really made mom happy.

I am so thankful that we have all been able to work together to ease mom back into normalcy.  She has a ways to go but is out of the danger zone.  Thank you Lord for saving mom, for giving her family the ability to be here and be watchful eyes and caring voices, to be with her during this time of need.

I also got a copy of my PET results, and am scheduled to see my gynoc on March 2, 2012.  I do have a recurrence.  sigh

So, for now I am doing some research on possible clinical trials.

I have no idea what my gynoc will recommend.  The report says there are at least three new tumors with metabolic activity.

I am focusing on mom right now and am staying positive in that we found these new tumors early.  In my heart I feel like surgery will not be the best option because other implants may exist that could grow at any time.  I'll probably be put on chemo again.  ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh

But, really don't know, so it's best not to speculate.

For now, please say a prayer for mom.  We love her so much, she is such a fighter and so darn strong.  She is really motivated to get back home and improve her condition, she wants to be happy and live a normal life.

Thank you to all of you who are new followers on twitter and to those who are joining the Cause to Turn Facebook Teal in September.

God Be with You and Yours.

Love,
Denise

1 comment:

  1. Denise, you know my hubby (also on dialysis) had a quad bypass in Dec. The first 3 days post surgery he was hallucinating. Seeing animals on the ceiling, seeing people who weren't there, believing the surgery had been a failure and we had put him in a seedy hotel room with guards. He knew it wasn't real, but it FELT real. I was so frightened for him and I thought we would lose him. But he is home again, gaining strength slowly.

    I'll be praying for your own health issues and that your gyn/onc will prescribe just the right treatment for you. Please take care of yourself, too! You can live on adrenaline for awhile but you will be exhausted at the end of it. So get your necessary rest, too!

    Love you and sending hugs and saying prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.