CDC Symptom Diary Card

Monday, November 04, 2019

The Command To Be Perfect

Hello friends,

As you may know, Sr. Anne Marie Walsh of SOLT and I host a free monthly spiritual exercise group/support group for people wounded by cancer.  This includes patients, spouses, loved ones, cancer survivors and for those who have lost a loved one due to cancer.  Our group also hosts retreats on a periodic basis to help those who would like to take special time away from day to day distractions and focus on their relationship with Jesus, in light of their situation related to cancer and health.

Tonight we are hosting a call with Sr. Anne Marie about "The Command To Be Perfect".  This will be a very interesting spiritual exercise because our society, especially in more advanced cultures, really alters what is meant by perfect and we are simply incapable of reaching "perfection".

I went on a retreat in Iowa at Domus Trinitatis about two weeks ago and must say it was truly challenging for me spiritually.  I was experiencing more of our Lord's suffering than joy but continue to reflect on that in total and strive to apply this to my current life as I focus on being closer to Him.

The link to tonight's session is on our website and can be found by clicking here

This past year has really been challenging physically. I won't bore you with all the details but let's just say I am really struggling physically.  If I didn't have a true Love for God, the Saints and our Blessed Mother who knows where I would be.  I always stay grateful that I am alive to tell about it.  I really do understand how fortunate I am. 

Thank you for listening and I hope you have some time to visit our website at https://facingourimmortality.org/.

Peace and Blessings,
Denise
aka Servivorgirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.