CDC Symptom Diary Card

Friday, May 11, 2012

A song for mom. "Strong Like You", by Kathie Lee Gifford and David Friedman


http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47372225#47372225




My mom and I had the most amazing experience on the Today Show.

She is such an inspiration to me.  I know she can be an inspiration to others.  We all have our challenges.

Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb are so incredibly sweet, so thoughtful, so kind, so sincerely interested.  What an honor for mom and I to have had this chance. I watch the show all the time, it always makes me smile.  Being on the set gave me a permanent smile.  Love and hugs to Kathie Lee and Hoda, I sincerely care about you.  My mom told me she really felt that your sweetness, care and love.  I wish my mom was writing this in her words, but you know what I mean.

All the people on the set, hair, makeup were so courteous and happy and you can tell that the people at NBC love what they do. Bobby, thanks for the joy and for doing my hair.

On the set, you can feel the positive energy in the air.  You need something, all you have to do is ask.

For my essay to have been selected from the hundreds or however many are submitted is just a miracle.  Kathie Lee was so genuine in providing prayers to us and I could feel her spirit.  I just can't believe I was in Hoda and Kathie's presence, wow.

I wish I could write out all the laughter and joy that my mom is feeling right now.  The trip was a real challenge, because we both have some limitations and mom just pushed through everything like the trooper that she is.  I love the look on my mom's face right now, she is BEAMING!

Thank you Kathie Lee and David Friedman for creating such an incredibly beautiful and inspiring musical piece for my mom. WOW, that is truly amazing.  I posted on my FB page that I am truly humbled.  I feel like God has lifted us with this truly beautiful gift.  Chandra Lee Schwartz, your voice is so beautiful. Davy Wild, thank you for your keyboard talent.

Katherine Cook, you are incredible, thank you so much.  You are so responsive and talented, please give everyone a huge hug from me and mom.  Superhug to you!

I hope to find my cell phone because it has all our precious photos from the trip.  I was crying my eyes out on the way home.  I lost it somewhere between the security checkpoint and the gate at JFK.  I wish I had worn a camcorder on my head the whole time.  New York City is just indescribable, and we were overwhelmed.  I mean, what can I say.  You have to be there I guess to understand.  It's huge.....you almost fall over backwards looking up to the top of the skyline.

To my sister and aunt who helped with getting the photos and helping get us ready to go, a major huge hug and love to you.........what a whirlwind.

I pray I did not forget anyone.  There is so much more to tell..

This was a once in a life-time opportunity.   I love you mom!

Denise









2 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL. How positively special. So glad you enjoyed your time in NYC.

    Love to you AND to your mom,

    AnneMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Marie, thank you for your kind comment. New York is something else...wow. Yes we are honored and mom is just beside herself with joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.