CDC Symptom Diary Card

Sunday, August 21, 2011

chemo brain creates headache at work

As you may know, I have memory problems and get rattled with too much info too fast.  I have a job that does not provide me printed references because I work in a completely virtual world.  I am working with the assistance of DVR and a community neuro rehab therapist to help me retain my job and assist with accommodation requests.

My employer is aware that I have some cognitive challenges.  Well, I made a mistke tonight, didn't realize the gravity of the mistake and that it was such a big mistake. I am so upset.  I just can't remember everything and they don't give me enough time to re-read policies.  I hate this, I hate this, I hate this.

For $12 per hour. 

It's a golden job opportunity with a great company, but I can't do well because I can't keep up with all the restrictions and limits associated with not being allowed to have printed material in my work from 
home setting.

Just feeling zinged.  I am trying so so hard to be a good employee.  I feel demeaned and stupid.

How can anyone memorize hundreds of pages of policies?  And I can't navigate the computer quickly enough on my small screen.  I am requesting a larger monitor so I can have multiple windows open, so that I can keep the policy references up and ready to access.  Seems logical right?

Just frustrated.  I still have a 7mm stable tumor on my liver.  Great to think I'll spend the rest of my life in low paying jobs constantly getting in trouble because I have a bad memory.  Fine.

Sorry, all I can think about is that I'm going to get fired now.

Great, just what I need.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.