CDC Symptom Diary Card

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Gynonc Surgeons To Rock Our World In D.C. Oct 1, 2014

I have to say that I was elated and shining from within after attending a recent showing of N.E.D. The Movie  This uplifting documentary speaks so intimately and powerfully about the wrath of ovarian cancer, as voiced by the surgeons in NED The Band.  N.E.D. stands for "no evidence of disease".  That is our goal!

I had no idea what to expect, but what I felt was a sense of pure dedication and purpose.  These highly skilled and honorable gynecological oncologists are also gifted with musicality.  They use their events and cd inserts as a vehicle to start the conversation about ovarian cancer.  Their music though is for the masses.  They are a rock band through and through!

Please link to their homepage for more about their music, their movie and their mission.
N.E.D. The Band

I want to thank Deborah Binder for hosting the event in beautiful Edmonds, WA to raise funds for

Seattle F.O.R.C.E. Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered  and National Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Week

Here is a note from Deborah.... "I am so glad that you were able to attend the NED movie and that you enjoyed it.

Most gyn-oncs know N.E.D. because they have played many times at the national oncology conferences around the USA.  I first heard them one year in D.C. at the National Ovarian Cancer Alliance meeting.  I know that my doc.--Dr. Goff and Dr. Muntz know them.

Last October I traveled to Portland to see the movie--a fundraiser for the Southern Washington and Oregon Ovarian Cancer Alliance.  After I saw it I knew that I wanted to do a similar event for OVCA Awareness month in 2014.  I rented the Edmonds Theater (it's where I live and I wanted to use a small hometown theatre not a megaplex) and I rented the movie from Spark Media".

Hugs,
Deborah

....................................................................
if you live in the D.C. area........

Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz is hosting a movie event in D.C. on October 1, 2014.  Please spread the word so that more money can be allocated to fight these cancers.

Capitol Hill Screening
First Street Southeast
Washington

Website  LINK
Description Representatives Debbie Wasserman Schultz & Renee Ellmers present a Congressional screening of No Evidence of Disease, featuring a live performance and panel discussion with members of N.E.D. This special event will take place on October 1st, 2014 at 6:15 PM.
Email info@sparkmedia.org


N.E.D. The Movie Screenings link


Peace and Blessings,

Servivorgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for giving to me your precious time. I look forward to what you have to say. Peace and Blessings, Always.